Pray for Doug as he visits 9 “camps” in Papua New Guinea for the Gideons.
His itinerary includes the following cities::
Port Moresby, Kavieng, Kokopo, Kimbe, Bulolo, Ramu, Lae, Buka, Alotau, Popondetta & return to Port Moresby.
At each Gideon Camp:
- He will be training and recruiting more laborers for the ministry.
- Seek to strengthen the relationships with the local churches and their pastors.
- Train personnel in scripture distributions in each of the cities.
Pray for many new recruits in each city;
During his final week, May 16 -23, a culminating Blitz (mass distribution, a planned distribution of over 50,000 scriptures) will occur in one or two of the cities visited. Recruiting new members are critical for the blitz, as it takes many hands to distribute this many scriptures in a short time.
Pray for safety, health, stamina, endurance & unity:
- These trips are usually very rigorous starting at 5am and goes till the average 9pm.
- Sometimes it is repeating the gospel message “100” times a day in different classrooms.
- No Tribal Unrest.
- Good connections & translators,
- No lost possessions.
- Many witnessing opportunities.
- And most of all: salvation of many souls.
Praise the Lord for Opportunities enroute to Papua New Guinea:
- Doug has already witness to a lady on the plane name “Claire”;
- and a taxi driver (Bob) who just starting reading the Bible one week ago and was like a “sponge“.