Sermon Application Questions
- How does this prayer compare with Paul’s first prayer in 1:15-23?
- What is Paul’s prayer for them (v. 16)? What results will come for them? What do you think it would look like for Christ to dwell in our hearts?
- What do you think Paul is referring to when he says, “the breadth and length and height and depth?”
- When you pray for other believers what do you pray ? How can Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians shape the way we pray for other believers at Immanuel?
- Verses 20-21 are doxological, what do they teach us about Paul’s understanding of God, His plan and purposes in the world, and the church?
- How has Ephesians 2-3 informed your understanding of the church?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 3:14-21 & Discuss:
- Why do you think Paul says he bows his knee? What does it mean to bow? What does it say about Paul? What does it say about God?
- How do you pray for other believers? What are the things that Paul prays for the Ephesians? How can you turn Paul’s prayer into a prayer that you pray for others?
- Sing:All Glory Be to Christ