2 Corinthians 4:1
Sermon Application Questions
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:4-4:1. How does Paul describe the ministry under Moses and the Law? What do you think he means by ministry of death and ministry of condemnation? How does that compare with the ministry now after Christ has appeared? Why do you think he calls it a ministry of righteousness?
- What is the hope that Paul refers to in 3:12? Why/How does this hope give us boldness?
- Why does Paul say that we have an unveiled face? How did this happen? What happens since we have an unveiled face? What does it mean practically for us to be transformed into the same image? How are we to understand from one degree of glory to another?
- What is the ministry that Paul has by the mercy of God? How is this also our ministry? Why should we not lose heart?
Family Worship Questions
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:4-4:1 & Discuss:
- What does it mean to be a minister in this passage? How are you a minister? What is your ministry?
- How would you compare the Old Testament Law and the New Testament Gospel? What was the purpose of the Law? What does the gospel do?
- What is the hope you have that gives you boldness? How does that hope give us boldness? To help answer this question think about these questions: Whose gospel is it? Who has called us to this gospel? Who makes us sufficient to be ministers for this gospel? Who is transforming us from one degree of glory to another?
- How can you be a minister of the gospel in your family, your school, or your work place?
- Sing:At the Cross