Sermon Application Questions
- If you have unconfessed sin in your life, what negative impacts show up in your life?
- Read Hebrews 12:1-2. Why is it important that we fix our eyes primarily on Jesus, and not on our sin?
- Read John 21:1-6 and Isaiah 30:21. How does Jesus show us a better path?
- Read John 21:7-14 and Zephaniah 3:17. How does Jesus meet us with grace?
- Read John 21:15-17. How does Jesus restore us?
Family Worship Questions
- Read John 21:15-17 & Discuss:
- Why do you think that Jesus asked Peter three times if Peter loved him?
- What did Jesus mean by “Feed my lambs,” “Tend my sheep,” and “Feed my sheep?”
- How does Jesus treat Peter? Is he angry? Is he mean? Does he treat Peter unkindly? How do you think Jesus treats and speaks to you when you sin? Why do you think he can treat us kindly and with grace?
- What should our response be to being forgiven?
- Sing:His Mercy Is More