Sermon Application Questions
- God’s sovereign choice in salvation was not a cold, arbitrary decision. How does Paul describe God’s disposition toward us in his choosing and predestining? What is “predestination,” anyway?
- Not only were the saints, the faithful in Christ Jesus, chosen to be holy and blameless before God, Paul says they were predestined for something else. What, and why is this significant?
- What does it mean to adopt and be adopted? What is one’s status before the adoption, and what is one’s status after the adoption?
- Are we as believers adopted because we are just so cute and wonderful and desirable? If not, why are we adopted, and what should be our response?
- What privileges come to sons and daughters of a family? What privileges and promises and possessions do adopted sons and daughters have in Christ?
Family Worship Questions
- Read: Ephesians 1:4b-6 & Discuss:
- To adopt, means to be brought into a family, how is the church our family? What does it mean to have God as our Father and Christ as our brother?
- What is grace? Can you think of a time when someone in your family or a friend showed you grace? How has God been gracious toward us?
- What does Paul say should be the result of God showing us grace and adopting us as his own? How can we praise and glorify God for his grace?
- Sing: How Deep The Father’s Love For Us.