Sermon Application Questions
- According to the letter of Ephesians what is the “call” we have been called to? How would you summarize Ephesians chapters 1-3? What does Paul mean when he uses the word “walk?” How do we walk in a manner or equal to that call?
- If you are to live in accordance to the call, the manner of your walk has something to say about the caller. What does our manner of life portray about Him who has called us? What does Paul list as the attributes of that walk? How would you define humility? gentleness? patience? bearing with one another in love? eager to maintain the unity? What does it look like for a body of believers to walk these out? What makes living like this so difficult?
- How would you define unity? What does unity in the church look like?
- As in Ephesians 1:3-14 there is a trinitarian structure, so too in 4:4-6. What does the Trinity have to do with our unity? How does the Trinity impact your daily life?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:1-6 & Discuss:
- What do you think Paul means when he says to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling?”
- What does it mean to be humble? gentle? patient? bearing with one another in love? eager to maintain the unity? Why is it hard to do this?
- How would you define unity? What does unity in the church look like? What does unity in your family look like?
- Sing:Take My Life and Let It Be