Sermon Application Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:1-16. How do verses 1-6 and 7-16 fit together? How does the emphasis change? What does the “but” do?
- Why do you think that Paul includes verses 8-9? What is their importance to what he is saying in this section?
- What does it mean to be a saint? Do you think of yourself as a saint? If not, why? What are saints supposed to do? What is the ministry or service that you do at the church? If you don’t do ministry, why? When are we done ministering in the church? What do you think he means by “stature of the fullness of Christ?”
- In the Christian walk what is the difference between “mature manhood” and “children?” How do we live out the “mature manhood?” How do we speak the truth in love?
- Read verse 16. How important is every member of the church? What does he mean when he says, “when each part is working properly?” How are you working properly? What is the result of each member working properly?
- If someone asked you what Ephesians 4:1-16 is about, what would you say? How would you put this section in your own words?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:7-16 & Discuss:
- Paul refers to the believers as “saints”, what does it mean to be a saint? Who is a saint?
- What are believers, saints, supposed to do? What ministry or service can you do in the church or in your home?
- Paul says in verse 15 that we should speak the truth in love, how do we do that?
- What image does Paul use to explain the church? How is the church like a body? How important is each member?
- Sing:The Church’s One Foundation