Sermon Application Questions
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10. What is our state in verses 1-3 that we talked about last week? What are we able to do? What happens in verses 4-10? Who does the work? For what reason? What do we contribute to salvation?
- What are the three verbs in verses 5 & 6 that show us what God does for us in salvation? What does it mean to be made alive with Christ, raised up with him, and seated with him? How should this change our lives?
- What is the reason God does this? To whom is he showing the immeasurable riches of his grace? Read Ephesians 3:9-13.
- Read verse 8-9. What does grace mean? How do grace and works contrast? What is an example of salvation by works? What are ways we can be tempted to work for our salvation? How does grace put boasting to an end?
- What are the good works we are to do? How do we do the works of God? If we are not saved by works why are we to do works?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 2:4-10 & Discuss:
- What are things people are rich in? What is God rich in? What do you think it means that God is rich in mercy? How do you usually respond/think/act toward people who don’t like you? Part of being dead in our trespasses is that we are rebelling against God. How did he respond to us? Why does he respond to us that way? Hint: read verse 4 again.
- Reread the verses and ask who does the work in salvation?
- What does grace mean? How is grace different from work?
- What are the good works God has prepared for us? How do we do them?
- Sing: I Will Glory in My Redeemer