Sermon Application Questions
- We all like new things. Why do you think that is? Why is the “old” or “familiar” less important to us?
- In your Christian life, what things do you struggle with the most? What truths about God do you think about the most? The least?
- When you pray, what and whom do you pray for? What kind of patterns do you see in your prayers, and do those patterns align with what Paul wants believers to understand? How does Paul want believers to understand the work of the Holy Spirit?
- How does the Bible define “knowledge?” Is it all intellectual? All practical? What is the relationship to what we know and who we know and how we act and grow accordingly?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 1:17-19a & Discuss:
- When you pray for others what do you ask God to do for them?
- What is Paul praying that God would do for the believers in Ephesus? Why do you think he prayed for these things?
- What do you think it means to know God? How does knowing God change our life?
- Sing: His Mercy is More
- Paraphrase these verses into a prayer for family members, other members of the church, or friends.