Sermon Application Questions
- What drove Jairus to seek out Jesus? What are the circumstances of your life that have driven you to Jesus? How did Jairus come to him? How do you come to him?
- What drove the woman to seek out Jesus? Why do you think the woman wanted to touch his garment rather than speak to him?
- Why do you think that Jesus wanted to find the person who touched him? She wanted healing, but what else did she receive? What would healing and peace look like in your life?
- What are the circumstances of your life that cause fear in you? What is necessary for you to believe?
- How do you define faith? What does this text teach us about the nature of faith? What does faith look like in these stories?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Mark 5:21-43 & Discuss:
- What kind of emotion do you think Jairus and the woman bring to Jesus? What things make you fearful? How can we bring them to Jesus?
- What do you think it means to believe? Or what is faith? What does faith look like today in our family, jobs, school, activities?
- Sing:Rock of Ages