1 Corinthians 12
- What is the importance of the confession of “Jesus is Lord?” How does that compare with their previous life style? How did the Spirit’s work in your life change you?
- How should understanding that there is diversity in the Trinity affect what we think of diversity in the church? Re-read verse 7 and 1 Peter 4:10. How are we supposed to use our gifts? How do we use our gifts for the common good? How can you use your gift to serve the people of Immanuel?
- Why do you think Paul uses the metaphor of the body to clarify what he is saying? What is the point Paul is making in verses 14-20? How does that differ from the point of verses 21-26? How can we pursue unity without requiring uniformity? How does this keep us from esteeming one person or their gift above another?
- What things keep us from serving one another? How do we suffer with those who suffer? How do we rejoice when others are honored?
Family Worship Questions
- Read 1 Corinthians 12 & Discuss:
- What does it mean to “confess” something? Does it always mean that you did something wrong? What does it mean to confess “Jesus is Lord?”
- What is a “spiritual gift?” Can you think of some spiritual gifts that people in your church have?
- Who do spiritual gifts come from, and why? How should a Christian use her or his gifts, and how should they think of others?
- Sing: Doxology.