Sermon Application Questions
- What is “power?” When we use the word, what do we mean? In what contexts do we use the word? Who and what does the world think is “powerful?” Who and what does the Bible describe as powerful?
- Paul says that God acted in power. In what ways? How do God’s mighty acts of power in the past inform the present? The future?
- How would you apply the truth that Jesus Christ is enthroned in the “heavenly places” in your own life? Would you think differently? Would you act differently?
- There are differences between how the cosmos is related to Christ in general, and the church is related to Christ in particular. Can you think of some? Why are these differences important?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 1:19-23 & Discuss:
- Who is the most powerful person you have met? What makes them powerful? Is it strength? fame? money? What are other ways people can be powerful? What does this power allow them to do? Can they tell other people what to do?
- What does it mean for you to be under your parents’ or a teacher’s authority? What are they allowed to do?
- When you read this text what is the power God showed through Jesus? What is the authority he has given to Jesus? Who is under Jesus’ authority? How should this change the way we think and believe in Jesus?
- Sing: Behold Our God