Sermon Application Questions
- What is a “confession?”
- What is a confession in the context of the Bible? What do we want to accomplish by making a confession?
- What kinds of things should be in a confession, and what kinds of things should be left out?
- Paul makes a confession in these verses. Why? What does Paul find to be essential about God and his work?
- Why do you think Paul makes such a confession after verses 4:1-3? How does “one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all” relate to unity in the church?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:4-6 & Discuss:
- What are the things described as “one?” What do you think it means when Paul says there is one body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God?
- Why do you think Paul follows verses 1-3 which are about unity with lots of things that are one? How do verses 4-6 support and lead to the unity of verses 1-3?
- What do you think the statement “God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all” means? What does that teach us about God?
- Sing: The Church’s One Foundation