Sermon Application Questions
- When you read this section (verses 10-20) what is your first response? What questions do you have? What emotions do you feel?
- How are we to understand the “rulers,” “authorities”, and “spiritual forces of evil”? Who or what do you think Paul is referencing? Are there any other texts in the Bible that talk about a battle against non-physical forces? If so, how do they relate to this passage?
- What does it mean to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might?
- What are the practical steps in putting on the whole armor of God? What is the purpose of the armor of God? What are the schemes of the devil? How does the armor enable us to stand? What is Paul referring to when he says, “the evil day?”
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 6:10-13 & Discuss:
- When you think of Jesus do you think of him as strong and mighty?
- How do we put on the armor of God?