Sermon Application Questions
- Joshua’s instructions in Joshua 2:1 should remind us of a similar story in Numbers 13. What is similar about these two accounts? What is different?
- Why do you think there was a different outcome when Joshua gave the same instruction?
- What are the key elements found in Rahab’s profession of faith? What does her profession of faith have in common with the faith of the others mentioned in Hebrews 11?
- How are we different than Rahab? What do we have in common with Rahab?
- What do we have in common with every other person who has ever lived? How does that affect the way we relate to those inside and outside of the church?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Joshua 2 & Discuss:
- What had the people of Jericho heard about what God has done for Israel? How did this affect them? What are the things we can tell our unbelieving friends and family that God has done for us? How do you think it would affect them?
- Rahab took a great risk in protecting the spies. Why do you think she was willing to risk this? What is the oath the spies make with Rahab? What is the sign of the oath? Why do you think the spies made this agreement?
- In James 2 we learn that faith is shown through works or actions. What did Rahab believe? What did she do based on that belief? How does what you believe lead to actions in your life?
- Sing: Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery.