Sermon Application Questions
- What are the differences between physical death and spiritual death? Which is worse, and why?
- Paul writes of three “things” that promote, support, and characterize our “death-walking” before we are saved. What are they, and how do they manifest themselves?
- How would you describe the “course of this world?”
- Is the “flesh” just the physical body? Why is it important to correctly understand that Paul is writing about both actions and heart attitudes/intentions?
- Describe God’s wrath and love. How can both be true at the same time? Where did both meet in human history?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 2:1-3 & Discuss:
- How does Paul describe how we are/were when we are in sin? What do dead people do? think? feel?
- What does it mean that we “walked, following the course of this world”? How do we follow the world? [The Message paraphrases this verse by stating, “You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. “(Ephesians 2:2 MESSAGE)]
- Why is it wrong to follow the passions of the flesh or to carry out the desires of the body and mind? What things do people do when they follow these? What things do you do when you follow these? How does it change our relationship with God and with others?
- Sing: All I Have is Christ