Sermon Application Questions
- According to Ephesians 2:18, how do both Jews and Gentiles have access to the Father?
- What is the significance in Ephesians 2:19 that gentiles are no longer strangers and aliens but fellow citizens and members of the household of God?
- What did Paul mean when he called Jesus the Cornerstone and the Apostles and Prophets the foundation? What does it mean for us to be built on that foundation?
- What is the significance of us being made into the holy temple of the Lord and a dwelling place for God? How does this cosmic reality affect our common lives? What role does the Spirit play in this process?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 2:18-22 & Discuss:
- What is the difference between someone being a stranger or alien to being a fellow citizen?
- Why do they build a foundation of a house first? Why do you think that Paul refers to apostles and prophets as the foundation? What does it mean that Jesus is the cornerstone?
- How are we the temple and dwelling place of God?
- Sing:In Christ Alone