Due to technical difficulties, audio and video are not available.
Community Group Questions
- What does the psalmist commit to doing in verses 1-2 and why?
- Who is the “prince,” and what reason does the psalmist give for not placing one’s ultimate trust in him?
- In contrast to the prince, who is the one who along deserves our hope, and why? What has he done?
- Who are the prisoners, the sojourners, the widows, and the fatherless? How does the Lord treat them, and how should we treat them?
- In what ways were you and I prisoners, sojourners, widows, and fatherless before Jesus Christ delivered us, and in Christ, what are we now? How should this affect how we treat others and God?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Psalm 146 & Discuss
- Who are princes? Why should we not put our trust in them?
- In verse 5 what does David say people whose help and hope is God are? How are we blessed for having God as our help?
- Read verses 6-9, how do these verses strengthen what David says in verse 5?
- How long do princes, kings, and presidents lead nations and countries? Read verse 10 how long will the Lord reign? How does that help us to hope in God?
- Sing: Jesus Paid It All