Sermon Application Questions
- What does it look like in our every day life to “put away falsehood” and to “speak truth?” What do you think Paul means by saying that we are “members one of another?” How does that impact our putting away falsehood and speaking the truth?
- How can we be angry and not sin? Why do you think Paul didn’t just say, “Do not be angry?” What is the connection between not letting the sun go down on our anger and giving an opportunity to the devil? How often do you consider the workings of the devil?
- What is the purpose that Paul lists for why the thief should no longer steal but work? How do we care for the needs of others?
- What is corrupting talk? When you share a critique with someone is it so that they benefit or so that you benefit? What is talk that builds up?
- What does it mean to grieve the Holy Spirit? How do we personally grieve the Holy Spirit?
- What are the things we are to put away? Why do you think Paul lists these things? In contrast what are the things we are supposed to do?
- What would the community of believers and our fellowship at Immanuel look like if we did what is commanded in these verses? What keeps us from doing this? What do these verses say about how we interact with others? How should it change how you are living right now?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:25-32 & Discuss:
- What are the reasons we often lie? Why does Paul say we shouldn’t lie? What do you think he means by “we are members one of another?” If we are members of one another, when we lie to other Christians who do we also lie to?
- Why do you think Paul didn’t tell them to not be angry at all? How can we be angry and not sin?
- What do these verses say about how we interact with others? How should it change how you are living right now?
- Sing:Jesus Thank You