Sermon Application Questions
- Why do you think Paul wanted to “encourage [their] hearts?” How do we encourage others?
- What is peace? How do we speak peace to people? Why do you think that Paul qualifies love, when he says “love with faith?”
- What does “love incorruptible” look like? How do we cultivate incorruptible love?
- The Christian greeting in the New Testament combines the Old Testament peace (shalom) with grace. Why do you think grace and peace are a common ending to letters?
- Read Revelation 2:1-7. What happened in the Ephesian church? How does this compare with the letter to the Ephesians? What have they abandoned? What/who is their first love?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 6:18-20 & Discuss:
- How would you define grace, peace, and love? Why do you think Paul describes love with faith as incorruptible? What does that kind of love look like?
- How would someone walk, talk, and live out grace, peace, and love?
- Sing:Great Are You Lord