Sermon Application Questions
- How would you describe the way that Gentiles walk? What do you think he means by “futility of their minds?”
- Where does hardness of heart come from? What does Paul say that it leads to? How does hardness of heart and darkened understanding look in our world today? in our homes? in our culture?
- What does callousness look like in thinking, feeling, acting?
- How did the Ephesians learn Christ? How did we learn Christ?
- What is the imagery of putting on and putting off? What other Scriptures can you think of where this same metaphor is used? What are practical ways that we can put off the old self? and put on the new? How are desires deceitful?
- How do we live in a manner that reflects the likeness of God? Why do you think that he calls it “true” righteousness and holiness? What other kind of righteousness and holiness could there be?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 4:17-24 & Discuss:
- What is the image that Paul uses in talking about the difference between how they used to live and how they should live in verses22-23? Why do we change clothes? Why do you think we need to change how we live and talk and act? What does Paul say is the reason to change?
- How do you think we do this everyday? What will it look like?
- Sing:Great Are You Lord