Sermon Application Questions
- Read Ephesians 5:1-14. What do you think Paul means when he says “do not become partners with them?” How do we partner with people like this? How do we think about this command and yet be lights in our community?
- How is Paul using the word “walk?” How do we walk in light? What are the practical steps we take for walking in light? What areas of our life should change?
- How do we discern what is pleasing to the Lord?
- How do we discern fruit of light and unfruitful works of darkness? What darkness do you have in your life that needs to be removed? How do we expose those things in ourselves, our family, our church, or our community?
- Why do you think Paul tells them to wake up? What does that have to do with walking in light?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 5:7-14 & Discuss:
- What is fruit? What do you think Paul means by “fruit of light?” Why do you think fruit of light are things that are good and right and true?
- How do we discern what is pleasing to the Lord? What do you think are “unfruitful works of darkness?” What do those things look like in the world around us or in our own lives?
- Sing:Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery