Community Group Questions
- Why do you think Luke has devoted so much ink to the trials, charges, and lack of evidence concerning Paul?
- Have you ever been falsely accused by someone because of your Christian faith? What did you do? Would you have done anything differently?
- How does Paul navigate the systems and processes of the Roman government? How should we as Christians approach the systems and processes of ours?
- Why is Paul so determined in verses 10 through 11? About what things is he so determined? What are Paul’s commitments? What are your commitments?
- What can we learn about our own faith by reading how Paul lived out his, even in the midst of opposition?
Further Reading (*available in the Resource Center)
*Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World, Michael Horton
*Slogging Along in the Paths of Righteousness: Psalms 13-24, Dale Ralph Davis
Family Worship Questions
- Read Acts 25:1-12 & Discuss:
- Why is Paul on trial? What does Luke say about the charges that the Jews are bringing against him in verse 7?
- Read 1 Peter 3:13–17. How is Paul suffering for doing good? How do we suffer at times for doing good? How are we to relate to people who want to harm us because we are Christians? How does understanding God’s will help us to stand up when we are attacked?
- Sing: This Is My Father’s World.