Community Group Questions
- Why do you think Luke includes all of these great details about what was actually happening to Paul and what the various players (i.e. Claudius Lysias, Festus) said was happening? For that matter, how does Luke know about what Festus told Agrippa? What does it tell us about Luke himself as an investigator/reporter/chronicler? Does it give you more or less confidence in the accuracy of the story?
- What did you think about the Bible, Christianity, Jesus Christ, and God before you were born-again? Was it all silly to you? Strange? Scary?
- At what point did you start to get curious about Christianity? What piqued your interest? How did you go about finding more information? How did you become connected with a church, and who connected you?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Acts 25:13-22 & Discuss:
- What do Agrippa, Bernice, and Festus think is going on between Paul and the Jews? Do they understand the situation?
- Read 1 Corinthians 1: 20-25. What is the gospel to Jews? What is the gospel to Gentiles? But what is the gospel to those who believe?
- How do people react to you when you tell them that you believe in Jesus? What should we pray that God would do for those who do not believe? Who are people you could pray for God to open their eyes?
- Sing: How Deep the Father’s Love for Us.