Sermon Application Questions
- Luke gives us many details about Paul’s journey. Places, events, and people are all described for us. Do you get the impression that Paul is alone in his journey? If not, what comfort and encouragement can we take from the gracious way that Paul was led and provided for by the Lord?
- Do you ever feel alone in your Christian walk at times? Ever feel like the world is against you and nobody cares? What is wrong with this kind of thinking? If you think critically and carefully about your life, what evidence to the contrary can you identity?
- Are you thankful for other believers? If so, how do you know? If not, how can you become thankful?
- Being thankful for each other is one thing, actually doing something about it is another. Is there another believer in your life that you can come alongside and encourage them just like the Roman believers encouraged Paul? How would you go about it?
- Are you the kind of believer that other people are, or would be, thankful for? If not, what things in your life need to change as you continue to be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Acts 28:11-16 & Discuss:
- In verse 14-15, who does Paul unexpectedly meet? Why do we call fellow Christians brothers and sisters? How should the fact that we are brothers and sisters in Christ change how we talk about, interact with, and treat other Christians?
- How are we encouraged by gathering with other believers? How can you encourage someone at church?
- Sing: Come Behold The Wondrous Mystery.