Sermon Application Questions
- How would you define submission? How does the church submit to Christ? How does a wife submitting to a husband compare to the church submitting to Christ? How does a woman submit to her husband yet not lose her identity?
- What does it mean that Christ is the head of the church? How does the husband being the head of the wife compare with Christ being the head of the church?
- How does Christ love the church? How are husbands to love their wives? In what ways can husbands love their wives like Christ loves the church? In what ways can they not?
- How does “oneness” (the two becoming one flesh) look in marriage? What are the practical implications of “oneness?” How does it change how we love, serve, talk, and relate to one another in marriage?
- Why do you think Paul calls this a mystery?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 5:22-33 & Discuss:
- What is marriage? What is the purpose of marriage?
- What is the role of a husband? What is the role of a wife?
- What does it mean to submit? How does a husband love?
- How does marriage help us understand our (the church’s) relationship to Christ?
- Sing:All Glory Be To Christ