Sermon Application Questions
- What is prayer? What is the difference between “prayer and supplication?” How does prayer help us in a spiritual warfare?
- John Piper has said, “The number one reason why prayer malfunctions in the hands of a believers is that they try to turn a wartime walkie-talkie into a domestic intercom.” What do you think he mean that prayer is a wartime walkie-talkie? How does that understanding help us to understand prayer better?
- How do we pray for the saints? What current practice do you have for praying for the saints?
- Why do you think Paul asked them to pray “that words may be given?” Did he not have words? How do you think that prayer would be answered? How would you pray that for yourself and others?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 6:18-20 & Discuss:
- What is prayer? How does it work? What is supplication? What is your current practice of praying?
- How and when do you pray for other believers?
- What should we ask God to do for people (and our selves) when they share the gospel?
- Sing:Behold Our God