Sermon Application Questions
- What are some of your possessions, and how do you know they are your possessions? Are they important to you? How do you know they are important to you?
- Is there a danger to thinking of God as a possession? What kind of wrong attitudes and behaviors can develop?
- Read Deuteronomy 32 (esp. 8 and 9) and Exodus 19 (esp. 5 and 6). What do these chapters indicate to us about God and God’s people? What are God’s people in relationship to God, in Christ, and why is that important?
- What is “glorious” about God’s possession of his people, first the Jews who believed, and then in verse 13, the Gentiles? How should his people respond, how should his people live?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 1:11-12 & Discuss:
- How do we know if we own something? What is the price that was paid for God to buy us for his own possession? (1 Cor. 6:20)
- What do you think Paul means when he says “to the praise of his glory” (v. 12, 14)? How does our salvation result in praise for God? How should that change how we live?
- Sing: Take My Life and Let It Be.