Sermon Application Questions
- Why is a good reputation important? Why is a bad reputation bad? What does our reputation have to do with our message? In other words, what kinds of connections get made between what we say and who we are known to be?
- Is it possible to lose a good reputation? Change a bad one? How?
- Are you satisfied with your Christian reputation at home, work, school, in your community? How would you change or improve it?
- What kinds of personal habits/disciplines/practices help foster love for other believers?
- Can you think of some ways to demonstrate your love for fellow Christian believers? Can you think of some ways to encourage others to demonstrate their love?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 1:15-16 & Discuss:
- How do you think that Paul heard of their faith?
- What does Paul mean by “love toward all the saints?” How can we show our love for other Christians in our families, schools, or sports teams?
- The faith that led to action in the believers in Ephesus caused Paul to thank God for them. Who are some people whose faith and life cause you to thank God for them? How could you encourage them this week by sharing your thankfulness to God for them?
- Sing: All I Have Is Christ