Sermon Application Questions
- Why were Mary Magdalene and Mary going out to the tomb? What did they expect to find? What do you think their emotions were as they went to the tomb? What questions do you think they had?
- Who do they encounter at the tomb? Why do you think that it is common for angels to say “do not be afraid” when they appear to people?
- What do you think their reaction was when the angel said “he is not here, for he has risen”? What is the importance of the resurrection? Why did Jesus have to rise from the dead? Why is it not enough for him to only die for our sins? Why do you think the angel included “as he said”?
- Read Romans 6:1-11. What does the resurrection mean for us as we still live here?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Matthew 28:1-6 & Discuss:
- What do you think Mary Magdalene and Mary felt emotionally as they went to the tomb? What do you think they felt when the angel said “He is not here, for he has risen, as he said.“?
- What does ‘resurrection’ mean? Why is it important that Jesus died? Why is it important that he rose from the dead?
- Sing: Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery