Sermon Application Questions
- Why do you think that Paul includes the phrase “in the Lord?” How does it help us to understand the command to “obey your parents?” Should children obey their parents at all times? Are there cases where children should not obey?
- How does the command to honor parents help us to understand what it means to obey them? Why do you think Paul points out that it is the first commandment with a promise?
- What ways do parents provoke their children to anger? What is the “discipline and instruction of the Lord?” What are the practical ways that we raise and train children according to the “discipline and instruction of the Lord?”
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 6:1-4 & Discuss:
- What does it mean to obey? How can we do better at obeying our parents?
- What does it mean to honor our parents? How do we honor them in our daily lives? How do we dishonor them?
- What does it mean to “provoke to anger?” What should we do when we become angry?
- Sing:Holy, Holy, Holy