Sermon Application Questions
- What do you think of when you hear the word “peace?”
- Paul is using the word “peace” again to refer to relationships between specific individuals. Who are these individuals, and what is wrong with their relationships?
- Wait a minute. Jesus didn’t actually talk to the Ephesians that Paul is writing to, right? How then did Jesus “preach peace” to them?
- How is the “peace” represented by the gospel of Jesus Christ communicated today? Who communicates it?
- Think for a moment about the different areas of influence in your life, including your own thought and spiritual life. Are the preaching of peace, the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ and reconciliation between God and man, a part of each area? If so, can you give some examples to encourage others? If not, can you think of some ways to begin?
Family Worship Questions
- Read Ephesians 2:11-22 & Discuss:
- [Note: In verses 13-16 God through the sacrifice of Jesus makes peace, in verse 17 Jesus now announces that peace.]
- What does peace look like? For instance what would peace in a time of war look like? What is the peace that Jesus has won?
- Why do you think Jesus preached peace? Who are those who are far off? Who are those who are near?
- How can we follow the example of Jesus and be peace preachers?
- Sing: In Christ Alone